Thursday-Sunday | March 17-20, 2016
Reflections Inn, Kooskia, Idaho
An opportunity to let the rest of your life fall away and get a writing project established. Four days of guided instruction and private writing time in scenic northern Idaho.
- The infinity of language. Poetry. Nonsense speech. The music of talking. The dictionary. Every word is a doorway, so step on through.
- Ideas about ideas. Where ideas come from. Finding the next idea, and the next. Watching lackluster ideas turn brilliant.
- Writing from life. Interviews. Observation. Note-taking.
- Reading like a writer. What’s to learn from writers you like and don’t like? What is research for, and how do you do it?
- That thing. What are its elements? Finding the shape. Understanding connections.
- Doing the work. Structure and freedom. How do you tell you are getting somewhere? Asking for—and getting—the help you need.